Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Farewell


As i began to rest for the whole day from work as usual Payroll week preparation,  I decided to write this in behalf of my direct superior last day of job supervision in the office.  He has been so supportive and a believer that any person can be somebody regardless of his chosen gender. He has help me to become who I am now and he did not look at me as to what I am in my physical appearance thus, he measure my capabilities and strength to cope up with the pressure and toughest job being in the finance department only Gay handling straight and multinationals across Afghanistan. With his expectation, I gave my dedication and hardwork, loyalty and honest supervision of the financial of the entire company. But sad to say his leaving the Afghanistan for good to embark on another journey. I say thank you for the support you have given to me for without you, I would not be here in my position. Let me share the letter he wrote to the finance personnel which is very heartwarming to me as follows:


Dear Finance Team:

There always comes a time in life when another stage of development comes often quicker than you want.  The almost three years in Afghanistan for me is coming to a close as I begin the next phase of life.  Ping and I will be returning to the US permanently.
My last day of work will be this Thursday.

With that being said I want to thank each and every one of you for your dedication and hard work in the Accounting department.  Without your support and dedication nothing could have been accomplished.  We have all seen many changes here not only with more new people and even some returning, but with many issues arising daily.  Not only have you been a part of a team, but have become a family in my mind.  We will miss each of you and will have fond memories of the good times we have shared.

Never look back in life, but look to the present and future in your quest for whatever goals you have set for yourself. Keep a positive attitude and you will achieve those goals.
Again, thanks for your hard work and friendship here in Afghanistan.
God Bless,
Tom K Stiles

Thank you for everything that you have done to me, My life changes from the start that you have fought for me from the beginning, from all the struggles and difficulties i have been through, you were there to support and even defended me to all my detractors.  Indeed, you will be truly missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment