Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Blue Valentine this February Month


We know that February is special month especially for people who are In-love and we expect gifts either in the form of Flowers which are basically visible in the streets and of course Chocolates.  You will see that restaurants are already fully booked on that day and shows are everywhere where you can see couples watching the enjoying the evening. Indeed, that day is flooded with lovers regardless whether they are legal or just enjoying the intimacy of the occasions.

This occasions I celebrate blue Valentine mainly because I don't have a date nor do I have a special someone to celebrate it. Valentine has been such an occasion that I considered normal day that will pass though I can celebrate it and go out with someone just for the sake of making it a special day. I can be with my friends and have a dinner outside here in Kabul but for sure it will be flooded with Expat already lining up to have a reservation ready for themselves. There are few restaurants and bars to visit for sure but do I need that and go with the flow with other people just to celebrate it? I can just seat and relax in my bed watching the the new DVD release in the theater while enjoying the taste of the buritos and perhaps Almonds and nuts, simple and not expensive.


I have been reminiscing my past and wonder, when was the last time I did celebrate Valentine? I don't seem to remember that I took part and have experience it. I guess i was too busy then at that time with friends and not entertaining too much attention on prospects or perhaps I was too meticulous in dating with so much pre-requisites in my mind and ending up just being me. I love to experience that, the feeling of being taken care of, someone that cares and think of you everyday, giving you surprises not only flowers and chocolates on special occasions, the one that will be with you for a long period of time.

With the upcoming Valentine with only few more days to come, what do I have in mind? should I celebrate it with friends and go out have a dinner or just be at home letting it pass just like another day. Bear in mind that period is still critical to me as I have a deadline of my payroll and scheduling of routine transactions, I know I have been saying this in my past postings but what to do, I have been locked with responsibilities in my work and the company that relies on my expertise. But for sure that day will be a busy day to me as some of my local suitors and fans will be calling me to accommodate them for their temporary loneliness. This month, Valentine will be celebrated in a different way and I will be the only to figure it out when that time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment